25 hour TEFL Essentials: Grammar Course
- TEFL Basics
- Best for Jobs
- Unit 1: An introduction to grammar
- Unit 2: The Basics of English Grammar: word to sentence
- Unit 3: The Basics of English Grammar: being more specific
- Unit 4: What about teaching it?
- Unit 5: The basics of English grammar: expressing more complex meanings
- Unit 6: Grammar plus
What will I learn?
- What grammar really is and why we need it
- The general guiding principles that pull grammar together from individual words to complete sentences
- The most commonly taught grammar points
- The most successful techniques and approaches to teaching grammar and the typical problems learners face
- The guiding principles that help teachers to deal with more complex grammar
- How to integrate grammar teaching into teaching other components of English
Each course unit contains 4-8 bite-sized sections. The sections will be a mix of video tuition where you’re guided by the course presenter, classroom footage and interviews with teachers and learners, reading sections with diagrams, illustrations and tables for you to study.
At the end of each unit you’ll watch real classroom footage of our teachers and students in action. They’ll give you a flavour of what life in the classroom is really like, raising your awareness of teaching different aspects of grammar.
After every section, there are practice activities to complete that will make sure you understand and are clear about what you’ve learnt. There are also downloads for every section including reflection and action tasks, further practice tasks and knowledge reference sheets that you should print out to build a fantastic bank of training and teacher materials by the end of your TEFL training.
Is this course right for you?
- If you’re not sure, speak to a TEFL advisor who’ll give you expert advice.
- Brush up on grammar skills whether you’re new to teaching or experienced.
- Get a taste for TEFL training with this introductory module.
- Gain an entry level TEFL qualification.
- Upgrade your course at any time to gain a comprehensive TEFL qualification.
Other specialist training modules in this range include Skills, Classroom Management, Lesson Planning and Lexis & Phonology.
Still not sure? Try our 2-day FREE course access, read the testimonials from other students and see what all the fuss is about.