25 hour TEFL Essentials: Lexis & Phonology
- TEFL Basics
- Best for Jobs
- Unit 1. Introduction to lexis
- Unit 2. Lexis in the classroom
- Unit 3. Introduction to phonology
- Unit 4. Phonology in speech
- Unit 5. Phonology in the classroom
What will I learn?
- What lexis is and the different ways it can be organised
- Explore the different ways we use lexis and understand how to present this to students in the classroom.
- Grasp the basics of phonology and then move onto more advanced features of phonology found in connected speech
- How to use phonology in your classroom
Each course unit contains 4-8 bite-sized sections. The sections will be a mix of video tuition where you’re guided by the course presenter, classroom footage and interviews with teachers and learners, reading sections with diagrams, illustrations and tables for you to study.
At the end of each unit you’ll watch real classroom footage of our teachers and students in action. They’ll give you a flavour of what life in the classroom is really like and the best practices of how teach lexis and phonology.
After every section, there are practice activities to complete that will make sure you understand and are clear about what you’ve learnt. There are also downloads for every section including reflection and action tasks, further practice tasks and knowledge reference sheets that you should print out to build a fantastic bank of training and teacher materials by the end of your TEFL training.
Is this course right for you?
- If you’re not sure, speak to a TEFL advisor who’ll give you expert advice.
- Take an in depth study of phonology plus study vocabulary and sentence structure.
- Get a taste for TEFL training with this introductory module.
- Gain an entry level TEFL qualification.
- Upgrade your course at any time to gain a comprehensive TEFL qualification.
Other specialist training modules in this range include Skills, Grammar, Classroom Management and Lesson Planning.
Still not sure? Try our 2-day FREE course access, read the testimonials from other students and see what all the fuss is about.